Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sorry it has been so long (one week) since I have posted. Things have been quite busy at our house lately. Imagine that?!!

The visit with the social worker went very well in my opinion. I was so nervous... Pretty much for nothing. Ha She was very interested in our "story." However, the only down side was that all 3 boys were right up under us and had to hear everything all over again. Not that they were really paying attention to us, but I hated them to hear it again. She said the boys were adjusting WAY better than expected, and we were doing a great job! I kinda liked to hear that from a "no-biased professional." Ha. We hear that quite often from friends and family, but I like to think they HAVE to say that... lol.

Marcus is so hilarious! He has such a great sense of humor- but very dry. He reminds us so much of  a mixture between "Little Bill" and "Fat Albert" (but the skinny version). One day I asked them to get their shoes on so that we could go to the grocery store. Of course, Marcus wanted to know which one- he is FULL of questions! :) I proceeded to tell him the "Food Lion" just up the road. When we got there he asked again- "What is this?" Again- I told him the "Food Lion." Once we got inside, he wanted to know where the lions were that we were going to feed. Hahaha. Explaining to a 5 year old that we weren't going to feed lions was quite the task. Now everytime I come home with a gracery bag, he wants to know did I get lion food. He just doesn't get it!

Today has been a rainy yucky day, so we all stayed in our pajamas (not a rare thing) and played inside. I have not been as great on my "putting things in their place." The boys found my shoes (in the living room) and began to try them on. I thought this was only fun for girls- but apparently not! I let them in my closet to play- maybe I should have let them in Colby's because this is what I found: Daddy would be embarrassed if he knew I had taken pictures much less shared them with everyone... But here you go.


Manuel in his new kicks. Gotta love that smile!




 Morris and his thigh high boots... lol. Maybe we can just say that these are his "soldier boots"?





Then... We have Marcus... What should I say? At least he is throwing up some sort of gangster sign in those heels. : /  I can just hear Colby now... haha.



Please continue to pray for our family. Our next visit with the social worker will be on July 13th at a local park-so thankful there will be no more home visits. Although it might keep me motivated to clean a little more... Just makes me nervous having such "important" guests.
As far as we know, the final hearing is set for July 20th. I will keep you guys posted if anything changes. Please pray for our family, the judge, our attorney, the birthfather, and anyone else involved.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I'll continue praying for you all! -Lydia :)

    ReplyDelete