Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I figured I needed to say something a bit lighter today, since my last few posts have been so "serious."

Remember how I told you that we were working on potty training Morris? HE GOT IT!!! Finally! He is peeing and pooping in the big boy potty and is not even asking for a sticker or sucker anymore!! I love it! Now if we can just get Manuel to that point, life at the Thomason's house will be much less smelly!!

Last week I took all 3 boys to the dentist. What an experience. NONE of them had ever been and their teeth aren't the greatest. Me, being naive, thought that Tricare (Military insurance) would cover all of the expenses and we wouldn't have anything to worry about. I was very wrong!!
You see, Morris has major decay on his teeth from being able to drink whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted... included bottles/sippy cups at night... The birthmother knew this was not good for him, but allowed it anyways (whole different post, but you can imagine my frustration). This being said, having his teeth brushed  hurts him- very bad. His front two teeth are terrible. I knew that the experience would not be pleasant and tried to warn the dentist before we walked in the door. He was upset from the beginning. Wouldn't even let them take his picture for their file.. ha ha. And we had just walked in- no tools in sight. You can imagine the fiasco in the actual office with the dental hygienist. Both of us holding him just to get his teeth cleaned makes for a very stressful mommy! He didn't understand what was happening and was terrified. The dentist came in (African American male) and Morris was great! He does so much better with men than the others do, it's like he connects with them (not sure why since his birthfather was never around). Maybe he is just confused by the men in his life now being so different than those in his life before. Morris was so calm with the dentist and even let the dentist count his teeth! BIG DEAL!! I was so proud of him... However, we were not able to get x-rays and those are needed desperately!
We are going to have to go in to the OR for a dental procedure!! Have you ever heard of such? Since he is so terrified, he will get "calming" medication before we leave the house and get anesthesia for the procedure. They will be pulling 2-3 teeth and filling/ capping several. I feel terrible for him. I cried when I found out that my baby was going to have to go to school and through the next 5 years of his life without his 2 front teeth! Go ahead and laugh, but I did.
After we find out about the OR procedure, we are taken to the forbidden counter where you find out how much this is going to cost. I, not knowing what was ahead, walk calmly to the counter and my mouth drops to the floor. I am so confused as to why our insurance is only paying half and leaving us to pay $1500.00 worth of dental procedures. INSANE!
The amazing insurance lady at the dental office picks me up off of the floor and proceeds to ask if they have any other insurance. My first response was no... All we have is Tricare- THEN I REMEMBER!! They had Medicaid in FL and I might, just might can get them Medicaid in NC! This would save us $1500.00 and alot of heartache for them to have both insurances and be completely covered!
I checked this out at the Medicaid office on Monday and we just got a letter in the mail stating that we were APPROVED!!!!!! Praise the Lord!!! An answered prayer!

I tell you this, because I want you to know that no, not everything is going insane in our lives with the boys- God IS working and He STILL works!! Sometimes, we, in the flesh, get so caught up in what seems to not be going our way or the way we think things should go that we miss the places where God IS working. You know the saying: "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans." He is the One who has our best interest in mind. I definitely want Him to be the One leading this family and not Colby and me!

Thank you for your prayers for our family and keep them coming! This is going to be a long journey, but we are "In it to win it!" (little randy Jackson for you) : )

No comments:

Post a Comment