Monday, June 6, 2011

Matthew 25:40 "The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

This verse has seemed to resound in my mind and thoughts for quite a while. I have been reminded that what everyone has done for "our family" has really and truly been done for Christ. What you thought was a good thing for us, has been all for Christ! 

I want to thank you for everything. I don't even know where to begin... I am left speechless by the blessings of God. 


It seems so funny to us, as a family, when people come up to us and congratulate us and tell us how great we are for taking on these boys. Or how much of a blessing we have been and will be in there lives. Etc. We find this humorous. We feel that our children are a blessing to US! We are doing nothing short of what God had planned all along. No, we did not plan on adopting 3 children, but God DID! Yes, I realize that we are both blessing each other, but we see it as such a God thing that He has ALLOWED us to be a part of their lives. Yes, I said ALLOWED. This is a privilege to us. Children are possibly the GREATEST gift any one could receive from God! And we are witnessing 3 of them.

On another note: (Not sure how all of this will flow, but I feel the need to write about this.)

Today has been a rough day for me. Tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. the adoption will be final, as long as the birthfather doesn't contest it by that time. All I have been able to do for the past 20 days was pray. Pray for the birthfather. Pray for the boys. Pray for us as a family. Pray for the entire situation. 

This has been a tough road, waking up to the unknown... Not knowing day to day whether we would get that phone call saying that the birthfather was going to contest. 


You see, when we first found out that the birthfather would have a chance to contest- we almost didn't go through with the adoption. IF he were to contest, we would have to pay MORE court fees, MORE attorney fees, and the list goes on and on. It would be $6,000 or more, IF he were to contest.... 
As I look back on our decision to sacrifice whatever it would take to fight for our children, I am in total awe of the God we serve!! With tears flowing down my face as I write this, I am at peace with our decision to follow God's plan for our family and our children. He has provided and will continue to provide. He ALONE deserves ALL of the glory!! What a mighty God we serve!
During our deciding on what we were going to do- go through with the adoption and risk having to pay more, or call everything off and search for another adoption- we consulted in God, our family, our prayer warriors, everyone who we thought might give us some wisdom and insight... (We should have just consulted in God and left it alone, but that is another story for another time.) Some suggested for us to go with it, and some suggested that we not go with it. We got feedback from either possibility... 
I called our pastor and in tears asked for his wisdom and his prayer. I was to the point where I didn't know what was right or wrong. I couldn't discern from God's voice and my wishes.... Pastor Mark talked with us for a while, prayed with us, and gave his opinion. Then he said these words that I will never ever forget: "God always gives the Vision before the Provision." Meaning that God will give us a Vision for His people, then he will provide a way for His vision to come forth. 
It was at this point in our journey that we knew what we were supposed to do. Once we got off of the phone with Pastor Mark, Colby and I prayed. Colby looked up at me and said: "We are supposed to do this." 


God is amazing, right? He works in His time and through His people. We have followed His Will and His voice. It has not always been roses for us. There have been times throughout our month journey that I have turned to God and said "You want me to do WHAT?" But, when we follow Him, He makes a way!!


I ask that for the next 24 hours, you pray with us. We need to make it through tomorrow, June 7 @ 5:00 p.m. I ask that you commit to pray with us and for us. 




Ok- So I know that you guys have questions about our situation and about what we are doing/have done.... I am NOT ashamed and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to answer your questions. Nothing is too personal for me, but I do ask that you not ask anything specific about the birthparents ( where they live, work, names, etc.) But other than that, I will post a blog with your questions(totally anonymous) and my answers. This gives you the time to ask whatever you want... :) You can email me your questions to marylthomason@ymail.com or text them to 662.574.2496. If you do not care if your question is anonymous, you may also post it to this blog. 



1 comment:

  1. :-) I like Pastor Mark's words too...I just posted on FB last week that I felt like I was having a hard time determining what were God's words and what were my own wishes. We too are praying over a decision in our family and little did you know, but God is using you and your blog post tonight to speak to me!

    Ok - on to the questions you'd like to answer - I'll start! How are the boys adjusting to their new life?

    ReplyDelete