Monday, May 30, 2011

What a journey we are on! I am loving every minute of it! It has been such a great weekend having Colby home and just getting to spend family time together! I can't imagine doing anything else.

Colby and I had our first experience where we felt accomplished!!!! MORRIS POO POOED IN THE BIG BOY POTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a REALLY big deal to us!! We have been working on potty training him and have felt like we were getting no where. I know- boys are harder to potty train, but come on! He is 3 years old and should be learning faster.... we thought. haha. So, we have done this thing backwards. He will tell us when he needs to poo but not when he needs to pee.... Weird, I know, but quite frankly I would much rather clean up pee than poo from a pull up. I mean, who wouldn't??

This being Memorial Day, I feel so blessed! Colby is home this year. Yes, they are discussing the next deployment, but I can only focus on the now- not worry about what lies ahead in our future. It is inevitable that he will deploy, we just don't know when. I know, you are thinking WHAT ABOUT THE BOYS? Well, I wonder the same thing. But I know that God has a plan and He is in control! We WILL make it through another deployment if not several more. It's just what military families do. We knew this was a possibility when we signed the papers for adoption, and we are ready to face the challenge. I know the boys will not understand at first, but they will eventually know no different than daddy going to another country to serve. He WILL come home, God willing.

I spoke with our attorney this weekend and found out that we were supposed to have our post- placement visit (with the social worker) done withing the first 30 days of the boys being placed- TODAY is the 30 day mark and we have NOT had our post- placement visit yet.... I didn't know that it was supposed to be in the first 30 days. I guess I thought it was supposed to be just whenever we got settled in. Oh well. I will work on calling the agency and getting that set up for ASAP.

Last thing, still be praying for the situation of the birthfather NOT signing the papers to take us to court and fight for "his" children- while incarcerated. He has just a few more days and we know that God is in control. Just a reminder- we are praying that the birthfather does NOT sign the papers within his 20 day window... If he doesn't sign- then he relinquishes his rights as a father and the adoption will be FINAL! :)

I pray that you have a blessed Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment